It is not quite rare for you to see people paying a $5 fee for a transaction of bitcoin worth $1. The current number of daily bitcoin payments has reached a completely new height, while the MemPool is quite about that. It is because there is increasing the efficient use of the space on blockchain as achieved through batching. Despite keeping that strong status as digital gold, Bitcoin is always the major payment system to address. You can easily judge the payment system by the number of payments made. It will fit really well with an all-time high of the price that payment numbers have reached.
Focusing on the transaction’s anatomy as mentioned by Eric Dalius Bitcoin:
To understand the real goal behind the payment, it is important to visualize how the bitcoin transaction will look like. Bank transfer will have that sender and receiver, which you can state as input and output. On the other hand, you have the bitcoin transactions, which will have multiple numbers of inputs and outputs. That is known as the UTXO system. Here, whenever you are forming a transaction, you are taking certain coins, melting those down, and using them to start outgoing coins. You will find coin presses in every possible transaction.
So, as per Eric Dalius Bitcoin, a single transaction can end up with multiple outputs and various recipients. As it fails to make much sense and is also proven to be impractical to accept payment in numerous coins, you can state that each output of the transaction will represent one single payment. From this standpoint, you get to recognize the number of the daily based expenses not just by the trade number but by the outcome of it.
Easy steps to lower your transaction fees:
In this period of the media section, the bitcoin network is getting congested, and that leads to a higher fee. This higher rate will create some disillusionment among so many users now. Fortunately for you, it is always quite easier to avoid paying any such high fee even during tough times of congestion, only if you are well-aware of the best steps to follow.
Start by selecting the right fee:
It is always vital for you to check out the fee as there are many wallets out there, which will suggest to you some exaggerated fee structure. There are many times when you might end up paying around 50 to 100% of the entire payment amount if you fail to complete your thorough research.
- You can try to set the fee manually in byte or satoshi. For example, you can set the fee to 2 bytes, which will make the fee now to 5 cents, which is around 3.8% of the payment amount. Yes, this amount is still high but will range within the acceptable note.
- To learn more about the correct network fee, it is vital for you to consult some of the MemPool estimators for help. Some of the best ones over here will be Bitcoinfees, mempool.net, and more.
- You can further try to send the transaction during weekends. The network over here in Bitcoin is more like city traffic and is always expected to be less when the weekends come. The majority of the time, you can easily get away with a lower fee of around 1 byte on Saturday or Sundays.
Time for you to optimize the wallets:
Another reason for the fee to be towards the higher scale is because the bitcoin-based wallet that you are currently using is not properly optimized for sending at a lower rate. There are some ways in which you get to fix this issue in no time.
- At first, you can try to use the native segwit wallet for a change. If you can use this kind of wallet, the chances are high that you will be saving around 38% of the fee already.
- In case the wallet receive address is starting with just 1 or 3 prefixes, then it is not your native segwit wallet. You have to switch to a wallet such as a ledger, electrum, or wasabi and then select the native segwit of the bech32 mode. It helps you to create a new wallet.
- You can decrease the TxOut fragmentation as another way to optimize the wallets. As you end up keeping the receiving payments, the chances are high that your wallet will end up with a larger number of transactional outputs.
- Whenever you are spending money, it might end up on a higher fee scale. To rectify this issue, there are some points that you need to cover first. Be sure to send the complete balance of the wallet to yourself at 1 byte during the weekend types.
- It helps you to reduce the current txout number. At the same time, the subsequent transactions will end up with a much lower fee. To know more about wallet fragmentation, you can try using an interesting tool from blockonomics, also known as TxFee Score.
The overall call:
Because of the unwanted network congestion, most bitcoin users are now ending up paying a higher transaction fee. If you want, you can mitigate this value by choosing the proper wallet in store for you and also by using the techniques, which can help in optimizing the structure or fragmentation of the wallet.
Bundling up the transactions:
The transaction costs are likely to decrease well whenever the users are using a platform that will bundle up transactions, like bitcoin.de. Overall, it is not hard to state that all media that manage coins for their users can provide such a process to them. Even after the widespread use of batching, there is always a probability for improvements in such sections. It forms a major prospect for scaling bitcoin.
Asking experts like Eric Dalius Bitcoin for their guidance will help you big time, in case you are dealing with bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies for the first time. Researching and finding out the latest changes taking place in this regard is the only way to improve your bitcoin wallet.