The stressful situation all across has resulted in various challenges for human life. From minor annoyances to grave illnesses, life has drastically changed. Stress and anxiety now and then were a part of human life. However, depression is causing an unprecedented impact on human life during COVID-19. There is a stress flood which people are experiencing. With increased breathing, muscle tension, vibration, it is becoming hard to keep the mind and body together.
Along with the physical danger, the worldwide pandemic has also resulted in mental threats. It is a new concept that is showing itself in recent times. Hence, you have to involve yourself in a relaxation response if you want to tackle your mental health. For students, the relaxation response is fundamental for dealing with the stress response. You have to reactivate yourself when you are taking care of your educational requirements.
If you want to evoke your senses, use these tips and tricks
Dealing with educational goals has become a complex procedure. It is because the worldwide pandemic has forced learners to adjust to online classes and courses. The new way of teaching-learning has only added to the stress and anxiety level. The problem aggravates when students are applying for grants and scholarship programs. In this highly competitive world, you have to stay focused so that you can compete with others. Hence, the following relaxation techniques will help you out:
• Breath focus: Take a deep, slow, and long breath and release it after some time. Slow breathing helps the mind to disengage stress. It keeps away distractions and boosts your sensation as breath focus is effective for individuals enduring eating disorders and concentration problems.
• Body scan: The technique blends muscle relaxation with breath focus. After you practice breathing, all you need to do is focus on a single part of your body. When you release the breath, it also releases tension in that area. It will give a boost to your awareness and promote your body-mind connection.
• Mindfulness meditation: Mindfulness meditation is gaining ground in recent times. Yoga and meditation have an optimistic impact on the mind and body. Concentrate on the present situation and keep away from distractions. Mindfulness meditation is effective in relieving pain, depression, and anxiety.
• Repetitive prayer: If you are a pious individual, you can repeat short phrases or prayers and practice breathing exercises. It appeals to spirituality or religion and is a meaningful way of getting your senses back on track. Remember that applying for any grant or scholarship requires physical and mental balance. There are a lot of factors you have to consider. From the deadline to the manuscript to the application criteria, you cannot compromise on any when you are applying for the Josh Gibson MD Scholarship.
• Practicing yoga: Apart from the physical aspect, you have to focus on your cognitive functioning. Try to distract yourself from confusing thoughts. There is no alternative to yoga for enhancing balance and flexibility as it will relax your senses and promote coordination between mind and body.
The technique you choose has a relation with your physical and mental health. Experts reveal that practicing these techniques for at least twenty to thirty minutes every day will re-energize your sensors and promote good health.